This blog is not meant to steal anything from anyone. I want share my love for history and Shakespearean plays through this blog. Shakespeare changed historical account a bit and I may do the same for the sake of the play which is a historical tragedy.
I hope my readers like it. :-D
Foot Note:- Copying from this blog is strictly prohibited.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Act 2 Scene 4

Carthaginian military camp, south of river Ebro, near Roman military installments. Ten years after the death of Hamilcar Barca.


Enter Hasdrubal the Fair, Hannibal, Hasdrubal, Mago

Hasdrubal the Fair: How now? What says our Roman counterparts; it is peacetime; and ‘twould not be wise to strain our forces in open aggressive battle.

Hannibal: We must know our enemy’s mind; on that we must act.
[Aside] Our troops need more training before we go up against Rome.

Hasdrubal: If they want conflict do we have the means to prevent that!

Mago: Dear brother be not so intimidated by Roman forces. They shall face their match ‘gainst us.

Hasdrubal: Ay, methinks Rome; being pleasurable, would rather proclaim peace than provoke war.

Hannibal: Those shall be known for sure shortly. Look ho! The Roman Flag.

Alarum. Enter Roman messenger Marcenidorus, with two guards


Marcenidorus: I come from Rome; to negotiate between our two of the greatest nations, which shall for our future be apt. I believe that Carthaginian power in this country. We do not propose to disrupt peace; Rome just wants a treaty; which states that thou keepst thy state south of this river, and we shall keep ours in in the north.

Hasdrubal the Fair: We understand the need of peace; we are happy to accept thy terms. Gentlemen- what about it?

Other Generals: So do we!

Hannibal: [Aside] Yet, my sworn heart hopes only for war!

Hasdrubal the Fair: Bring thou the pact papers; and official Roman seal, we have ink and our seal ready. Come here put them on the table and lets finalize this formal treaty. Ay, but any breach of this shallst be deemed unfair intervention; which may even lead to war. Art thou sure that Rome wants not any battle?

Marcenidorus: Noble Hasdrubal; we intend not of any quarrel between our nations. I give thy my solemn word.

Hasdrubal the Fair: Then lets us do the needful; and with that ink; ‘tis done!

Marcenidorus: Long live the harmony between our nations. [Aside] My Roman masters orders are on which I act; any change, ay thou shallst feel the necessary impact.

[Exeunt the Romans


Hasdrubal the fair: That done; now onto the other peace agreement must we venture forth; yonder look the flag of the Hispanic warlords who rule over the south. We have asked them to join our cause and they I feel shallst not disappoint us!

Hasdrubal: Hope that is so.

Enter Hispanic warlord Horifice, along with his troops and daughter Imilce.


Horifice: Hasdrubal the Fair we have heard of thy wishes we will gladly assist the in unifying Hispania if thou shall take the hand of my daughter Imilce. Thou shall also get the support of our allied tribes and their fierce horsemen.

Hasdrubal the Fair: Happy is the hour when I hear of this proposal; but ay, thy daughter will be best given to my brother-in-law Hannibal for he and she are of the right age. What sayst thou Hannibal?

Hannibal: Thy wish is my command; we must unify Iberia at all costs.

Horifice: My dear girl, what thinkst thou?

Imilce: I shall comply with thy wishes father.

Hasdrubal the Fair: So it is settled; noble Horifice; wilt thou help us.

Horifice: I most certainly will; come let us enjoy and celebrate this matrimonial alliance and feast and banquet like kinsmen.

All: So all.

[Exeunt

2 comments:

  1. u're shakespeare re-incarnated! i find no difference in shakespeare's writing style and yours! this is simply awesome! this play shows enough promise! i'd suggest u publish it after it's done. of course some editing has to be done. but very minor things. mostly spellings. kudos for writing so wonderfully! bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @miroku thanks a lot for thy noble and valuable support.It feels real nice when me is appreciated!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete