This blog is not meant to steal anything from anyone. I want share my love for history and Shakespearean plays through this blog. Shakespeare changed historical account a bit and I may do the same for the sake of the play which is a historical tragedy.
I hope my readers like it. :-D
Foot Note:- Copying from this blog is strictly prohibited.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Act 2 Scene 2

A tent, at night, somewhere deep in Hispania. Enter Hasdrubal the Fair


Hasdrubal the Fair: Four years have passed in this foreign place; none have been useless but none have been so disturbing as that yester night, which at first did seem nonchalant. ’Tis true that great events warn of their coming by omens not understood by mere mortals. Outside of this tent as I now watch those wretched souls party yonder I cannot help but ponder over sightings unnatural to every human eye.
Last night at this very hour did twenty owls hoot, why? Ay, and twenty wolves and twenty o’th’other beasts did fight tooth and nail. Thunder and lightning played about fore telling of some great uprising and stupendous feats, which I do fear! Does Rome control nature itself? Nay, that can never happen. Yet with these very eyes I did see ghastly figures jumping around the fire, chanting vile hymns. Ay the leaden sky did upon those hapless knaves rain down glowing flames which, indignant and unabashed of itself, did engulf their homes. The shaman here say such events mean a great war in the near future. So are again at war with Rome?

Thunder cracks outside


What was that? Well just thunder. Ay, ‘tis not proper that I think o these now. I must hush up.

Enter Hamilcar Barca


Hamilcar: How goes the preparation for the conquest of these areas, my boy?

Hasdrubal the Fair: Well, ‘twas a rough night the day before, but I both beast and man keep their health and also hold up their high sprites. How does thy noble son?

Hamilcar: He does well, a boy he is yet he thinks like a man. He grasps quickly the need o’th’hour and likewise uses the available resources. He does enjoy it when the elephants are used.

Hasdrubal the Fair: So what are the plans, are thy men ready to take on these fearless tribes that encircle us from all directions?

Hamilcar: Ay, they are, and on the morrow at first light we shall move and begin our assault upon our foes, most of whom, do pledge their allegiance towards Rome. We must then be at our best energies and thus at this hour put out the light and go abed.

Hasdrubal the Fair: So must we indeed.

[Exeunt

No comments:

Post a Comment